Thursday, July 06, 2006

Where did all these French guys come from?

Okay. I have been in Toronto for close to a decade and aside from a few
select places (outside of a Federal Buildind or some Franco-Ontarian
Conference) I have never heard French being spoken here.

Then World Cup rolls around and Les Bleues are in the Finals and all of
a sudden, all these French guys seem to crawl out of the cracks to shout
"Vive Le France!"

It weird. They are not even the Quebec-kind neither, but thick, Gaulists
red wine swiling French.

I am sort of glad that I am not the only guy in the city going for
Zidane's last shot at glory, but where were you guys last week when
France was playing Spain?

And the guy that have 8 Tricolors glued to his BMW, I say Bravo!

Even if you're honking your horn six hours after the game by yourself on
College Street with all those Portugese guys glaring at you. That's the
indefatigable French spirit.

Just next time, on Sunday, lay it easy on the Bordeaux and let me in to
those "private functions" you guys have afterwards for the victory
celebrations...

No comments: