Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Poetry on the Way

Yay!
They're back. I am not crazy about this new one, "Old Song and Dance" by
Kezia Speirs. But whatever. It's still good. Still very, very good.


Old Song and Dance
By Kezia Speirs

We love as though we know not
better. A trick, biology, it claims
more worthy selves and gentler aims
and still this doom is ours. We sought
late wanderings and soft light, dim,
and then the first embrace, the touch
as if those hands were all the world -- for such
their beauty seemed; he carried gods with him.
And these loves, so celebrated, sung
so painted, danced, idolatrized, these scenes
are but the tantrum of our genes,
which we their slaves embellish -- strung
like puppets, till they break their strings
and all that's left are our own imaginings.


Thanks a lot Waun for typing it on his Blackberry. Dude, there is nothing unmanly about poetry.

3 comments:

bamboo6 said...

Love this poem. That's actually how I found your blog, was looking for a copy of the poem!

S said...

I was traveling by the same subway I guess because I took a picture of the poem too...almost the same way as yours was taken :D
and then was looking for it and came across your blog same way as bamboo did :D
lots of coincidence!!

Pete said...

I also saw this poem on a recent visit to Toronto. Wish I'd thought to photograph it! Could someone send me the words - some are hard to make out from the picture. Thanks