Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random outbursts of positivism

So today, I almost passed out at my desk. I clonked right out.

I've been working on these damn Chain of Custody charts and they were getting on my nerves. Just then, I noticed the charts I'd been drawing for weeks and had been circulated to half the company had multiple, glaring mistakes in them.

In my state of utteral exhaustion and fruss-ssstration, I blacked out. It was sort of like dying. Of complete dispair.

I think my subconscious mind was trying to keep myself alive. And the first image it pulled up was a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. I had flashes of all the fun times we had. I knew her now for almost two years and it's always cool whenever I hang out with her. Just the positive thought alone made me jolt right up. And I was grinning like a idiot in front of my computer screen.

This is the coolest thing ever! I had been sleeping for 4-5 hours a day the last few weeks. I don't think I'd lasted another hour. But that little jolt got me awake and productive all-day -- including the gruelling afterwork meeting I had with my boss and my boss's boss.

I went to her house to thank her right away. She wasn't home. But I bumped into her on my way back to the subway.

I started telling her all about what happened and started telling her how glad I was that we're friend. I think she was a little freaked out. But, oh well, she is always super cool.

So if you are reading this, bud, great big hug and super-thank you.

No comments: