Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tech Comm: Text vs Illustration -- Visual Methods of Communicating Structure, Relationship, and Flow :: UXmatters

It's true.

At my current job, I hardly ever write. I spend most of my days doing Swimlane diagrams. I personally think the things are useless. I am a writer, dammit! Let me make beautiful sentences about the Departmental Systems Requirements!

You know what? Everybody glazed over my on my detailed 8-page instruction. But, the one page swimlane diagram? They love it! (Well, they love it as much as anybody can for technical material.)

Anyways, point is, TechComm is all about ... communication. As long as you can get your reader (looker?) engaged, excited, and understand the material, whatever you use, it's all good.

Posted via web from Sammy's posterous

No comments: