Saturday, June 26, 2010

Psalm 5 - God protects the righteous

On the day of the the G20, I woke up this morning and remember a fragment of this psalm. 


Psalm 5

For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.
 1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, 
       consider my sighing.

 2 Listen to my cry for help, 
       my King and my God, 
       for to you I pray.

 3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; 
       in the morning I lay my requests before you 
       and wait in expectation.

 4 You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; 
       with you the wicked cannot dwell.

 5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; 
       you hate all who do wrong.

 6 You destroy those who tell lies; 
       bloodthirsty and deceitful men 
       the LORD abhors.

 7 But I, by your great mercy, 
       will come into your house; 
       in reverence will I bow down 
       toward your holy temple.

 8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness 
       because of my enemies— 
       make straight your way before me.

 9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; 
       their heart is filled with destruction. 
       Their throat is an open grave; 
       with their tongue they speak deceit.

 10 Declare them guilty, O God! 
       Let their intrigues be their downfall. 
       Banish them for their many sins, 
       for they have rebelled against you.

 11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; 
       let them ever sing for joy. 
       Spread your protection over them, 
       that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

 12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; 
       you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Posted via email from Sammy's posterous

No comments: