Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gardiner Museum

So I went to the Gardiner Museum as well to look at pot.
I had some randon observations:

1) There is a Picasso vase here. I didn't know that he did pottery. I did know that Toronto has the weight to get a Picasso piece in the citiy.
2) Saw a very beautiful piece by Laszlo Fekete. "Dish with History of a Family" was constructed out of shardheaps at Herend Porcelain Manufactory. Broken dollar figurines were re-made into expensive art.
3) The Delfware exhibit was very funny. Basically, it was the 17th century Englishman trying to imitate Chinese bowls, down to the painting. It shows the relative power-relations of the time.
4) "Power of Rhythm" was a massive, participatory event with all the audience members beating on drums, all guided by the artist. I think it was give this poor lady in the corner a headach.
5) Jean-Pierre Larocque had the most fab textures on his clay pieces. It made them resemble papier-mache.

No comments: