Wednesday, June 27, 2007

UA6473

Departing from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 3:35 PM and estimated to arrive at Denver, Colorado at 4:59 PM.

Somewhere now over the skies of somewhere. Too far up to see the flat ground underneigh. THe clouds above make impossible snowscapes.

My flight got delayed and I won't be making a connector from Denver to San Diego. No worries, the woman at the United counter said, just take the 7:15 flight. I am always wary of promises made by Customer Service Agents. After all, I was one, and I never, ever knew what I was talking about. Sometime, I wonder about the trillion of dollars lost every year because of a system that place major responsiblities on the backs of under-payed, under-motivated, Gen-Y'ers that seem to populated these positions.

CRJ700 - it's one of those mini-jetliners for regional flights. Feels light being inside a really long Greyhound. The flight attendants served pretzels ... I hate pretzels. I got seated at 12D -- the seat by the wings -- where the emergency exit is located. A quintessential Fight Club moment. The door apparently 42 lbs. I don't think I have lifted that much weight in a long time. Now, I am expected to pitch this thing over a wing after the plane crash lands in the jungle? Calm as Hindu cows. I am sure the guy next to me would know what to do.

No comments: