Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Approached by a streetwalker for 1st time.Yes!

I had to park in Corktown today because Regent Park along Dundas was
getting re-done for the new streetcar tracks.

I parked in an alleyway. I was shutting off the ignition when a woman
came up to my car. She was intoxicated. She looked over sand said, "hey,
don't you work over at the grocery store?" I said no.

She asked, "where do you work? I mean, I am just curious, wanted to
know."

I work in the other side of town, I told her. I was getting
uncomfortable as she slowly leans down against the sill of the car door
and asked "Do you want company tonight?"

I did not fully register what she was asking until she looked at me and
waited for a response. Then my mind blanked out. Uhm, I said.

"I guess you don't want anything, not right now."

I said, no.

She paused, then asked, "Do you have a dollar I can borrow?"

I told her no.

She opens my car door for me, and said "have a nice day!"

I thanked her, locked the car, and walked off.

No comments: