Thursday, March 29, 2007

Import Models - why do they exist?







I was looking thru the Justice for Comfort Women group on Facebook when I saw this ad. I clicked on it and it brought me here.



Import models. I never quite get the concept of them.
Then again, unlike most guys, I never got the visceral feeling of being behind the wheel of a really big engine as it roar down the street.

Least of all, I never got the bikini babes that adorn the car shows to make them pliable to the 18-25 male demographic. I investigate further and found that a discussion group that is complete devoted to these women.



I am suprise to learn that it is almost 80% Asian. I wonder about that.

First off, what is a "import" car anyways? All large companies have factories and parts manufacturers from all over the world. Why do people gather around to look at cars that are probably built the next State over?

Why are all the Asian women posing in them?

I had a friend once who was obsessed with the idea of fucking a import model. He told me that it wasn't so much as the girls are hot, it's the fact that they are import models that makes them hot. I had put it out of my mind then, but now I wonder about it.

I tried Googling for some intelligent response about this thing. I quickly found a car enthusiast forum where a poster had this to say.

Import Models: Attention Who.res or Misunderstood Saints? A Psychoanalysis... *SNWS*

**Disclaimer: If you are a feminist, you should stop and become an import model instead. And if you are an import model, I’m already impressed that you’ve gotten this far in the sentence.**


It's a pretty funny article. It doesn't fully explain much, but does insult women who plies the "trade," along with examples of some who probably shouldn't be plying it. The poster's premise is that basically, import models are attention-hungry dumbasses. There is little financial incentive or future opportunities. Men treat them like lobotomized sexual pieces of flesh that wear costumes borderlining on some kind of triple-x circus clown. The industry eventually used up these women until they are dried hunks of fruits then toss them aside.

The most sucessful ex-import model is apparently Tia Tequila. She is one of the most popular persons on MySpace. She has transitioned to the big time gig as a cyber-model for Playboy and the cover of Maxim. She also recently released a single. Tia's autobiography reads like a massive journal of angst, rebellion, drug abuse, and massive emotional confusion.

I suppose that being Asian in the West, sexuality has always been a little warped. Asian women, especially, tend to get exotized. Confucian culture itself always more or less prohibit sex as a topic. Perhaps, being an import model is one of the few ways for Banannas to fully assume the type of sexual identities most Americans take for granted -- albeit, in an over-exaggerated, almost toon-ified manner. I am not really sure. I never met an import model before and talked to them intimately about it. I am sure the money is not too, too bad. Does it enhance one's sense of self?



Heaven only knows,
Cause I don't understand.
K-OS

No comments: