Sunday, July 08, 2007

All over SF

Spent most of the day talking to Thea as we toured Mission and Castro. She, far more keen than I, actually bothered to ask people at the workshop who lived in the Bay Area what their favourites places to go are.

This second trip to the Mission was therefore much more pleasant. Thanks Thea!

Ate lunch at some hipster place that was actually quite good.

We went to some really cool bookstores in the Mission.

She chastised me for being overcritical of SF. Then she peer-pressured me to sit on grass. We compromised and sat on dried, brown grass. Green grass would be too much for me.

Then we walked over to Castro. Dull Castro. I had to take the F Streetcar back to my hotel for luggage.

Before reaching the station, I complained about the geriatric feel of the place. I pointed out to the bar I was in yesterday and how old and pirate-like the men inside were. She said, “well, maybe that ‘bears welcome’ sign has a lot to do with it.”

Boy, was my face red. I hate to be wrong....

No comments: