Saturday, July 07, 2007

Castro


Castro is kind of like CHinatown. Lots of history, great institutions and communty. I can't say I like it. It's boring here. Good, expensive shopping. Awesome clothes, and books, and videos. It's a good place to live. But wha do young queer men do for fun around here?

This place is like Treasure Island. Full of grizzly men. Bald. Tight shirts bunching up wrinkled sking and a single gold hoop on the earlobes.

I went to A Different Light bookstore. Very good reading selection. I was in some sort of hardware store. What does a queer hardware store sell? Garening supplies, notebooks, and minituriezed powertools.

I went to some kind of gay Irish bar sipping Jameson's and coffee with cream. It's like a retirement home where the residents keep gving me the eye....

No comments: