Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Poetry Exercises

I was so cock sure that I had plateaued with poetry. I told David that I wanted to learn about prose. he gave one of his non-judgemental, impassive looks and changed the topic.

I finally got around to looking at the second set of notes he gave out.

Shit.

Those excerises aren't lala writing games I am used to. This is really hard shit.

One involved writing a poem and re-writing it in different, diergent meters.

Anotherinvolved ... well ... words I didn't know the meaning of. Most were some convoluted multi part word games with prompts and multiple rewrites that shifts the piece from tone to tone, POV to POV.

It will take me a whole year to do all of these.

Fuck. I don't even know if I am technically able to do all of them.

I fell like I am at square one with poetry again.

My plateau turned out to be a chasm and I need to learn how to climb out.

No comments: