Thursday, May 25, 2006

Web 2.0 apps: Ajaxwrite

With all the hoopla around Writely, ever since it's acquitsition by Google, it has been closed.

I'd tried Zoho Writer, Thinkfree, and gOffice, but none of them makes me want to Bloatware-soft Office off my computer... They just don't work quite as well. The worse is actually the most lauded, Writeboard. I don't know which versions other people have been using, but where I am, Writeboard (part of the Basecamp) is nothing more than a Wiki with a compare function. It's nice, but hardly a killer app.



But, I am impressed by a little developer making a software called, AJAX write. It's part of a package called AJAX Launch, featuring a series of AJAX programs that does a variety of things. Very awesome.

AJAX write feels exactly like a stripped down version of Microsoft Word. It doesn't have all the features I want in a word processor, most important, it doesn't support track change. But, it's still great. It looks like these guys has only been around for a few months. Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ajaxwrite is not truly a WebOffice application. What’s the point of using Web-based applications if I can only save my work on the local harddrive? If I have access to my own PC, I also have the desktop applications, and if the purpose is work/create anywhere I am, I need not only Web-based applications, but web-based storage too.